Can I claim Florida residency as an independent student if I am under 24 years old?

Yes, but you must submit one of the following documents:

  • Proof of marriage (marriage certificate)
  • Proof of being a veteran of U.S. Armed Services (military records: DD214, Leave and Earnings Statement, military ID, etc.)
  • Proof of being a ward/dependent of the court (Department of Children and Families documentation)
  • Copy of tax return showing that you claimed yourself as an exemption with yearly earning of at least $6600
  • Florida Prepaid ID card