Financial Aid

Are Spanish language interpreters available in the Financial Aid Office?

Yes. You can request assistance from a Spanish language interpreter by speaking to a financial aid staff member at your campus. The FAFSA is also... read more

Can I correct a mistake on my FAFSA?

Yes, you can make corrections to your submittted FAFSA.

Go back to the FAFSA web site Select the "Make a correction" option under the "... read more
How do I apply for financial aid?

You must apply for financial aid each year by completing the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

How do I receive my financial aid refund?

All financial aid refunds are processed through BankMobile. The first time you enroll in a credit course with PHSC, you will receive a green... read more

How do I use my financial aid to pay for my text books?

If you have been awarded Federal grants or scholarships, you can use your PHSC student ID card at your campus bookstore to pay for your textbooks... read more

How long does is take to have my financial aid awarded after I complete my FAFSA?

The Financial Aid Office will process your completed file (completed means all required information has been received) in the order it was... read more

How will the new PHSC course add/drop policy beginning this fall semester effect my financial aid?

Federal financial aid will be applied to student course enrollment as long as the courses meet Federal eligibility requirements. Students can drop... read more

What if I am unable to provide parental information on my FAFSA?

Under very limited circumstances (for example; your parents are incarcerated, you have left home due to an abusive family environment; or you do... read more

What is an EFC and how much money will I receive in financial aid?

The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure of your family's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by... read more

What is Early FAFSA?

Beginning with the 2017-2018 award year, the FAFSA will be available on October 1 of the year prior to the upcoming award year. This means that... read more

What is FERPA and how do I complete the form?

The 1974 Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student's education and financial aid... read more

What is Financial Aid?

Financial aid is money in the form of scholarships, grants, work awards, and loans to assist students with paying for the cost of their college... read more

What is Prior-Prior Year (PPY)?

Prior-Prior Year (PPY) begins with the 2017-2018 award year. Students/parents will provide income and tax information from the tax year one year... read more

When will my financial aid refund be disbursed to me?

Your financial aid refund will be available to you after the drop/add period of the semester. Click here or more information regarding tentative... read more

Why is the dollar amount on my refund different than the award amount on WISE?

Your financial aid refund amount can vary depending upon your unique student situation. Your financial aid must be applied to tuition and fees,... read more

Will financial aid pay for my mini-express term courses?

You may be eligble for financial aid that can be applied to your mini-express term courses. Please visit your nearest Financial Aid Office to... read more

Dynamic Forms

How do I access my electronic verification form using Dynamic Forms?

You will receive an email notification through your student QuistaMail account advising you to access your student WISE account for the Dynamic... read more

How does my parent sign my online Dynamic Forms document?

After you sign and submit your completed online Dynamic Forms document, an email notification will be sent to the parental email address you... read more

I see the Dynamic Forms link on my WISE account but cannot access the online form?

If you have received a verification notification in your WISE account and do not know your MyPHSC logon ID or password (required to access the... read more

What happens after I complete my online verification form through Dynamic Forms?

After signing your online verification form through Dynamic Forms, a confirmation page will verify that your form was submitted to the Financial... read more

What is Dynamic Forms?

Dynamic Forms is an online electronic form process. In order to simplify your verification process, the Financail Aid Office uses this electronic... read more

Federal Direct Loan Program

How do I apply for a Federal student loan?

After you have completed your FAFSA, you will need to submit a Student Loan Request Statement (LRS) to begin the loan process. The LRS form is... read more

How do I use my loan funds to pay my tuition and fees?

Once your loan has been approved, you will need to visit your nearest Financial Aid Office to complete a loan deferment form. A deferment means... read more

How much can I borrow in Federal student loans?

The student loan amount you can borrow depends upon a number of factors including your enrollment, dependency status per FAFSA, declared program... read more

What are Federal student loans?

Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans are Federal student loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education. Read more at... read more

What is a Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling?

The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S.... read more

When will I receive my loan refund?

Once your loan is certified, an award letter will be sent to you with an enclosure that lists tentative disbursement dates. The Department of... read more

Federal Work Study Program

How do I apply for the student employment program?

You must first complete the FAFSA online at After the school has received your valid FAFSA, you must visit your Financial Aid Office to... read more

How is FWSP eligibility determined?

FWSP is offered to students who demonstrate financial need, are declared into an eligible certificate or program of study, enrolled in at least... read more

What is the rate of pay for FWSP?

Students earn the federal minimum wage rate. Scheduled work hours vary between 15 to 20 per week, depending upon the student's school schedule and... read more

What is the student employment program?

The Federal College Work Study Program (FWSP) is part-time employment for students who demonstrate federal financial need. Read more about the... read more

Florida State Aid

Can I decline the Bright Futures Scholarship?

Students have the option to decline their Bright Futures Scholarship funds for a semester, in order to meet renewal criteria, if the proper... read more

Can the Bright Futures Scholarship be used in the summer semester?

No. The Bright Futures Scholarship can only be used during the fall and spring semesters.

How can I apply for the Florida Student Assistant Grant (FSAG)

Students must meet specific eligibility criteria to receive Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) funding and have a complete financial aid file... read more

How do I renew my Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)?

Due to limited funding from the state, not all students who meet the Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) eligibility criteria receive these... read more

How will a failing grade (F) effect my Bright Futures Scholarship?

Students are required to meet miinimum credit hour and annual cumulative GPA requirements in order to renew their Bright Futures Scholarship each... read more

If I withdraw from my course, how will this effect my Bright Futures Scholarship?

In most cases, students must repay for courses if they withdraw while receiving Bright Futures Scholarship funds in order to retain eligibility... read more

When is my Bright Futures Scholarship awarded to my account?

Bright Futures Scholarship funds are awarded automatically in July (for the fall semester) and December (for the spring semester) to eligible... read more

PHSC Foundation Scholarship

Do I have to be a PHSC student before I can apply for a Foundation Scholarship?

Yes. You must submit an application to PHSC, and be accepted as a student, before you can complete a Foundation Scholarship application.

How do I apply for a PHSC Foundation Scholarship?

You can apply for a PHSC Foundation scholarship online at PHSC Scholarships. You will use your MyPHSC login for this application process.

How do I submit a thank you letter to the Foundation?

If you are awarded a Foundation scholarship, you will be notified via your QuistaMail account to complete a thank you letter. Instructions on how... read more

How often must I apply for a Foundation Scholarship?

You must apply every year for a Foundation Scholarship. One application will be used per year for all scholarships available.

When is the priority awarding deadline?

The priority awarding deadline is the second Friday in April.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

How do I meet SAP requirements?

In order to meet the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), a student must complete, with a passing grade, 67% of all credits... read more

How long will it take for my financial aid appeal to be processed?

Your financial aid appeal will be processed in the order in which it was received and as quickly as possible. Please read the appeal request form... read more

What is a financial aid appeal?

The financial aid appeal process is available to students who have become ineligible for financial aid due to failing to meet Satisfactory... read more

When is my account reviewed for SAP?

Students are evaluated and must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements at the end of each semester in which they attempt course... read more

Why is my Financial Aid Suspended?

Students are required by the Department of Education to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to continue to be eligible for Federal... read more

Why was my financial aid suspended for maximum time frame eligibility?

Students who have attempted more than 150% of the credits required for their current program of study are not meeting Satisfactory Academic... read more

Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship

After I have submitted the Foundation scholarship application, do I have to reapply for the next academic year?

Yes. Students who receive the Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship must reapply for the PHSC Foundation scholarship after they complete their first... read more

Can I still use my Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship if my grade point average drops below a 3.0?

No. Students are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point average at the end of the spring semester in order to be eligible for scholarship renewal... read more

Can I transfer my Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship to another college or university?

No. The District Board of Trustees at Pasco-Hernando State College (PHSC) created the Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship specifically for eligible... read more

Can I use the Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship to pay for my summer classes?

No. The Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship is only awarded to eligible students for the fall and spring semesters.

Do I have to complete a specific number of credit hours to renew my Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship?

Yes. Students must have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours by the end of the spring semester following the year in which the scholarship was... read more

Do I have to complete the FAFSA to receive my Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship?

No. You must complete the Foundation scholarship application in order to receive the Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship. We do recommend you... read more

How do I accept my Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship?

You accept the Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship by completing the PHSC Foundation scholarship application.

How many credit hours must I be enrolled in per semester to use the Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship?

Students awarded the Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship must enroll in at least 12 credit hours, and maintain 12 credit hour enrollment, for both... read more

I just graduated from high school. Can I take a semester off and still use my Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship?

No. Students must enroll in the fall semester following their high school graduation and remain continuously enrolled.

I received a Top 10% Academic Merit Scholarship certificate at my high school awards ceremony. Do I need to do anything else?

Yes. You must complete the steps listed in your scholarship award letter. The steps include: 1. Complete the PHSC admission process 2. Complete... read more


How do I know what documents I need for verification?

You can view financial aid required documentation requests on the home page of your WISE account under the "Financial Aid Documents" tab. 

I was selected for verification, what does this mean?

Verification is the Department of Education's process for checking the accuracy of the information supplied by the student on their FAFSA and... read more

What is a tax transcript and how do I get this document?

Unlike a tax return form, a tax transcript shows any changes either you or the IRS have made to your tax return after it was filed. The tax... read more